News 24th August
* Sensex crashes over 1500 points in its biggest intra-day crash this year.
* Rupee plunges by 88 paise to fall below the 66 level against the dollar for the first time in almost two years; RBI governor says Central Bank has resources to deal with rupee volatility.
* Prime Minister says peace accord with NSCN(IM) will bear good results for entire north east.
* Special Panaji court rejects bail plea of former Goa PWD minister Churchill Alemao in Louis Berger bribery case.
* India win second cricket test against Sri Lanka by 278 runs; Kumara Sangakkara bids farewell to International cricket.