News 19th August
* Allahabad High Court asks UP Government to ensure that government servants, elected representatives and members of judiciary send their children to Government schools.
* Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says there is need of creation of public opinion against the stalling process of reforms.
* Supreme Court asks search engines Google India and Yahoo India to withdraw advertisements on sex determination of foetus.
* Prime Minister’s Office hold talks with agitating ex-servicemen over One Rank One Pension scheme issue; Ex-servicemen agree not to intensify their protest for 10 days.
* Ranil Wickremesinghe’s alliance emerges as winner in Sri Lanka Parliamentary elections by securing 45 percent polled votes.
* Bangladesh wins Under-16 South Asian Football Federation Champions for the first time.