#NEWS 17th July
1. New Delhi reacts strongly to unprovoked firing by Pakistan at Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir; Warns of firm response.
2. Supreme Court agrees to hear CBI plea on filing of chargesheets by SIT in Vyapam scam.
3. Centre constitutes expert group headed by Niti Ayog Vice Chairman for classification of caste data; Reiterates data to be released at an appropriate time.
4. Prime Minister assures Centre is working towards a solution to the decades-old Naga political issue.
5. Government introduces composite foreign investment cap by clubbing all forms of overseas investments for ease of doing business in the country.
6. Telecom Department releases final report on Net neutrality; recommends regulations of domestic calls made by Internet based calling applications.
7. In Assam, over 73 thousand people affected due to flood in Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Dhemaji and Kokrajhar district; Centre and State Disaster Relief teams pressed into service.
8. Prime Minister’s scheduled visit to Varanasi cancelled due death of a labourer.
9. Eurozone finance ministers to decide today a new rescue package for Greece following acceptance to European Union’s tough conditions.
10. Indian shuttlers P V Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma crash out of Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament in second round.