#NEWS 28th June
1. FIR filed against Odisha Chief Minister and state Vigilance Director for falsely implicating former Odisha Director General of Police in a financial irregularities case.
2. Delhi government moves to High Court against appointment of Joint Commissioner of Police Mukesh Kumar Meena as Anti Corruption Branch Chief.
3. Union Ministry of Home Affairs denies security clearance to SUN TV.
4. India recalls its High Commissioner to New Zealand, Ravi Thapar, after allegations of assault of a domestic help by his wife; investigation to be carried.
5. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj arrives in Thailand for the 16th World Sanskrit Conference beginning tomorrow. Over 600 scholars from 60 countries will participate in the conference.
6. Government will soon come out with its report on the controversial issue of net neutrality.
7. Voting for assembly by-elections to six seats in five states underway; Jayalalithaa seeking re-election from R.K Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu.
8. Greek Prime Minister calls for referendum to decide on acceptance of bailout deal offered by international creditors; European Union finance ministers meeting is underway
9. In Bangladesh, 10 people killed in landslides triggered by heavy rains.
10. Tunisia decides to shut down 80 mosques accused of inciting violence a day after 39 people killed in a beach resort attack.